Wednesday 7 December 2011

journal week 3

This lesson we looked at the Saul Bass case study and then had to research for our own case study. We had to choose our own title sequence designer and do a case study presentation on them. This lesson helped us construct ideas for our title sequence. While doing a case study om our chosen designer I was able to explore various title sequences. This helped me to think about the typography and visual images for our title sequence.

We analyzed Dawn of the Dead which made me think and decide how important the title sequence is before the film as it gives you an idea of the storyline and suggests the genre of the film. Also it shows us how to analyze the enigma in the title sequences.

The Saul Bass case study helped me to understand where the designs of title sequences came from and how Saul Bass became a title sequence designer. I really liked watching the title sequences that Saul Bass designed because they showed the story line and the genre of the film, but it didnt give everything away. I think Saul Bass is a very good title designer and has inspired my choice for my title sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment